I really like the two tile Art Deco window that comes with M&G, so I thought that for this month's GoS theme I'd put together a little expansion set to make the window actually useful (nevermind that I've never made windows before, or even any objects), and maybe some recolours to give it a little variety.
Look at it! It's so pretty.
So I spent some time twiddling with the mesh and making a new one, until I realized that something was... horribly wrong.
This is just a small sample of EAxis's FAIL with this mesh. There is bleedthrough all over the place. The mesh itself is kind of sloppily made, too--rather than having edges connect up, there are lots of places where there are two sides facing each other.
I'm a total n00b when it comes to objects, especially doors and windows, but I *suspect* that the weird bleedthrough problem in game is due to some genius making the glass a part of the frame mesh, and if that's the case and it needs another group, I don't know if there's any way to fix it (do enlighten me if you know I'm wrong). Horray! I mean, boo!
I can't exactly leave it like that though. So... I'm going to remake the mofo. >:/ And remake it PROPERLY. And slave the new meshes to that, not the FAIL that is the EAxis original. Lazy asses.